Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Thumbnails...Puddle...uh what number? 15???


This post may be all over the place but this is my mind, so I don't really give a care.

In addition to not spending enough time and effort on my drawings I often don't draw thumbnails. Soooo thumbnails. Effing thumbnails. PLANS.

As of this week I am changing my ways...and I will complete an illustration. It will be thought of first. Then it will be thumbnailed. And then I'm gonna spend TIME on it. Ugghhhhh. Then it's gonna git done.

I almost always try to wing it and that does not work for me anymore...well has not been working for me for years. I need to put some thought into what I do. This may be common sense but when it comes to drawing my mind does not work that way.

There are some projects I am working on that are about to "start". I'm both terrified and excited at the same time. I can't afford to fall behind or become a weak link. I really need to finish some shit. For real. I feel confident in my abilities but I am so afraid of frustration.

I need to do a good job and be somewhat pleased with my work.

Also I don't research enough, especially when it comes to costumes. I used to be really inspired but now I draw blanks as far as what I'd like my characters to be wearing.

This week I'm going to bust out my sketchbook and just do like...a million thumbnails. It's also time to work on backgrounds.




THUMBNAILS.
RESEARCH.
COMPLETED DRAWERING.
THIS WEEK.
OH YEAH...FORGOT...MAYBE BACKGROUNDS. MAYBE. BUT NOT MY MAIN FOCUS.
DO EET.

No comments:

Post a Comment